The Importance of Ergonomic Seating and the Benefits of It
If you've been working in an office for at least a year or two, you must have noticed the changes your body has suffered from sitting on a chair all day long. Your neck aches, your back hurts and sometimes, after a long and exhausting day, you cannot even feel your legs.
And sure, you may have tried stretching and some light exercises to improve your condition for at least a second, but after you return to that same chair, the whole thing happens all over again.
The solution to all your problems? Ergonomic seating. For those of you who are not familiar with the term, ergonomics is the actual study that investigates ways and means to get your body in the right posture so that you can make it throughout the day without any pain at all. This is the study that has done extensive research on how to improve the lives of people who have to sit all day because their job requires it.
The Pain Bad Posture Can Cause
Even though it may not seem that way now, bad posture can cause long-term health issues. And while some of the already mentioned pains may seem like one-time issues, they can actually persist and cause further complications.
What happens is, you’re stuck on your chair for years, and as time goes by, your upper body pushes all your weight down on the lower body, hence the muscles and ligaments found at the base of your spin and your legs. This is what causes the most common problem with bad sitting: the lower back pain. And since your body is designed to stand, not sit, it naturally hunches forward. This, on the other hand, makes your ligaments stretch and over time, makes them unable to keep the base of the spine firm and secure. Your discs start pressing onto the spinal column nerves causing unbearable pain that would eventually require physical therapy or, the worst-case scenario, a surgery to repair.
And if you know at least a little bit about the human anatomy, you probably know that all body aches can be caused by problems with the spine, such as upper back problems, joints, shoulders and neck problems, and even headaches.
The Importance of Ergonomic Seating
This leads us to the importance of ergonomic seating. As a study that focuses on exploring the years-long evidence which proves that bad posture while sitting causes sometimes irreparable damage to your spine, ergonomics have led the way of the discovery of ergonomic seating.
Ergonomic seating ensures you get the proper posture while sitting in front of your desk, by pushing on your lower back, thus relieving all the pressure that your upper body causes. Some even offer parts where you can rest your head and back and support your posture while you're sitting. They are even adjustable to your height and weight and help you keep your knees at 90 degrees parallel to the hips and parallel to the floor. Explore our products, and you’ll see the ways in which ergonomic seating can adapt to your body and help you improve your posture.
And while the most important benefits were already mentioned, they are worth repeating. Once you read the entire list of benefits you get by purchasing an ergonomic product, you’ll see for yourself that having one is an absolute necessity.
- Correct posture – Ergonomic seating has all the necessary features to support your body and help it release all the stress traditional chairs may have caused. It supports your spine, neck, shoulders, legs and arms to help you maintain the correct posture throughout the entire day, every day.
- Neck problems relief – With ergonomic seating, you get the absolutely necessary neck support that you've been lacking with traditional chairs. The neck support feature not only helps you get rid of neck pain but also relieves the stuffiness you may be experiencing in your shoulders. It is especially useful to those people that have developed cervical spondylosis.
- Back pain relief – The backrest feature ergonomic chairs provide you with support the natural curve of your spine, supporting your entire back. They prevent slouching and incorrect sitting position, liberating you from any back pain you used to feel when you were sitting on a traditional chair.
- Hip pressure relief – Traditional chairs often come with no cushioning, so they're particularly tough and uncomfortable. Sitting on such a chair can create such pressure on your hips, which can have health consequences in later years. This can further impair your mobility, and cause unimaginable pain. With ergonomic seating, none of this could ever happen. Au contraire, it can help you prevent all of these things from happening to you.
- It is extremely comfortable – Even though designed to provide a proper posture to people in general, not every person is the same. That’s why ergonomic chairs provide you with adjustable features, features that can be adapted to your whole body to provide you with the ultimate comfort.
- Makes working enjoyable – It is simple: when you have the right chair, you do not feel exhausted at the end of the day, and you do not have any pain which you would normally attribute to work. And when no pain and no discomfort are felt, work becomes way more enjoyable. Your productivity is enhanced because you're concentrated on your work more and less on your aches and pains. Try it – you won’t regret it for a second!